Hi, I’m Sophia the author behind “Pointe Shoes and Wooden Spoons” blog. Let me start out by saying, thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my blog. I really appreciate it!
Now, let me tell you why I created this blog. Two of my very favorite things in life are ballet and food. I really, really love both. Ever since I was a baby, I was in the kitchen with my mom. My mom would let me stir things for her, attempt to crack eggs, pick out the menu for holidays, and of course be the official taste tester! In fact, one of my biggest motivations for learning to read at age 6, was so that I could read recipes and start cooking. My dad always says, “If you can read it, you can do it.” By the time I was ten, I cooked entire meals which equaled full kitchen messes. 🙂
When I was 13 going on 14 I discovered my love for ballet and ever since then I have been training to become a professional classical ballet dancer (ballerina) some day. I love the stage, the costumes, the ability to move audiences and more importantly dancing, itself.
Here are some more things that you should know about me.
- I love books. There is nothing quite as wonderful as sitting on a comfortable chair, by a fire place with a good book.
- Drawing is something that I enjoy doing immensely when I’m free.
- This blog will never have inappropriate posts, or pictures. It is meant to be a place with clean content that people of all ages can enjoy.
- I’m a believer in the Lord, and slowly am trying to become more like Him. This is one of my favorite scriptures.” I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”Philippians 4:13
- I love Audrey Hepburn, she is so classy.
- My favorite two songs are ” Revelation” by Kari Jobe and ” Make it Rain” by Ed Sheeran
- I am not a seamstress. The only thing I sew is pointe shoes.
- However, I can crochet and knit.
- I also love doing hair.
Now back to my blog. There are two main reasons for starting this blog. Number one is to show how well ballet and good food go together. Without the right nourishment our bodies can’t withstand the long hours of intense exercise. It’s also meant to be a helpful resource for people who like to cook or just love to dance.
So, whether you are looking for a recipe, searching for a blog post about summer intensives, or just happen to stumble upon this blog…..welcome!