Let me start out by giving a huge round of applause as a thank you to my good friend Emma of Creative Explorations, for nominating me for this award. If you are ever in the mood for a great blog, filled with excellent and thought provoking writing visit her blog! I enjoy reading her posts immensely, and look forward to seeing what her blogging future holds!
Now if you are like me, you probably will need an explanation of what this award is and how it works. Let me tell you the rules:
- Nominate 10 bloggers
- Answer the 10 questions you are asked
- Share the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Ask 10 new questions
This award helps get the word out for small blogs such as mine. So without further adieu let me begin answering the following questions asked by Emma.
1.What motivated you to start blogging?
Well, for years I’ve said that I was going to start a blog, and have done nothing. Then recently after posting a picture of homemade muffins a friend told me via Facebook that I should start a blog. A couple of weeks passed and I was watching my dad work on his website….I then though to myself, ” Why not? Why not start a blog? I’m on break, I love writing, photography, cooking and dancing, so why not share that love via a blog?”
2. What is the most important thing you’ve learned on your blogging adventure?
So far on my blogging adventure of less than two weeks I’ve learned that creating itself can be hard work and that you have to be patient, while at the same time doing tons of research. Seriously, all these sites make it sound soooo easy and simple to create a blog and they are right if you are a serious computer wiz. I happen not to be one.
3. What do you have in mind for your blog’s future?
As, for my blogs future, I plan to continue trying to grow it and hopefully make it very successful. It would be awesome to be able to grow Pointe Shoes and Wooden Spoons enough that I would earn some money and help my parents pay for dance. 🙂 No matter what though, I plan to continue writing about what I love, no matter how large or how small my audience may be.
4. Which blogger(s) inspire you on a daily basis?
Well, there are a couple bloggers that really inspire me. First, for wonderful recipes, and food photography I follow Aimee at Simple Bites. When I’m in the mood to read a blog that I can really relate too ( which is always) I read Emma’s blog Creative Explorations. It’s wonderful reading posts by someone who loves good books, journals, crafting and who raises the bar for young bloggers. Last, but not least I read my friend Maysa’s blog ” Maysa Rose a ballerinas life.”
5. Where do you find inspiration for your blog?
This question makes me laugh because I find inspiration from the most random of places. Pinterest and Food 52 are my favorite places for inspiration. However, it will sometimes come from books, research for school or after dance food cravings.
6. What does your typical blogging routine look like?
My typical blogging routine,..hmm. This is a tough question. My blogging routine usually involves, cooking and photographing on weekend afternoons. Then the rest of the week, I look for inspiration,promote my blog via Pinterest and post whenever I’m not dancing or doing school.
7. What do you enjoy most in the blogging process?
I enjoy starting out having an idea, working towards creating a blog worthy post and then seeing the final result. I especially enjoy getting feedback from my readers.
8. What are you going to write your next post about?
My next post will probably either be about chocolate chip cookies or chocolate banana pudding.
9. What do you like to do outside of blogging?
Outside of blogging, I love to dance and perform!
10. What is your favorite type of pizza?
Vegetable pizza with lots of black olives is probably my favorite pizza to eat. With all those veggies I firmly believe that they counter balance the unhealthiness of the pizza itself. 🙂
Ok, so this is the hard part. I don’t read a lot of small start up blogs with 200 followers or less. This is my solution. I will nominate the one person who has a small blog that I enjoy reading and know ( besides Emma). Then as I continue to research and become more familiar with the blogging community I will add to this list. I’m also open to any suggestions, being left in the comments below!
1. Maysa of the Maysa Rose Blog
My questions are as follows:
1. What made you decide to start blogging?
2. What is your favorite topic to blog about?
3. What do you do when you need inspiration?
4. What has made you the most excited in your blogging career?
5. Which blogs are your top 3 favorite to read?
6. What bugs you the most in relation to your blog?
7. What is your favorite food?
8. What is your favorite “old timie” movie/musical.
9. What is your favorite song?
10. If you were to choreograph a dance, what would the story be behind it?
So, with that final question I will finish this record long post( for me at least). Thank you, once again Emma for nominating me, and for being so supportive and helpful on this blogging adventure! Thank you also, my dear subscribers for taking time out of your day to read this!